Tour coordinator – India (4 months) and Kenya (2 months) from early Jan 2020
Goes on tour with the team for the entire tour and coordinates the whole tour from interviews from May 2019, to being on tour, to post tour evaluations in April/May 2020.
Must be qualified PWB volunteer having gone on the Tour before. May need to be on location before the team to make arrangements for the boot camp. May spend some of the time not with the team whilst conducting research and networking (dependent on tour).
Pre-departure – from May 1st 2019
- Be a member on the volunteer selection panel
- Help administrate the application process
- Develop (in cooperation with other previous volunteers including tour coordinator(s) the projects plans
- Arrange and book accommodation and food
- Meet team from airport and facilitate arrival in the country
- Plan and run activities to develop show and syllabus practicalities
- Manage the team decision making processes (for example team roles)
- Deal with all questions from the team
- Assist with conflict and problem resolution
- Help facilitate the team to book transport, accommodation and food
Working with organisations
- Liaise with partner organisations
- Make sure team and organization are both happy –
- any help needed when teaching etc
- Feedback to team any information needed, keep an ongoing daily feed, even if it’s just a teacher saying that they had a good day or whatever.
- Make sure organization is aware of PWB’s needs If extra hands are needed translating/child managing etc.
- Visit potential new partner organisations
- Find and liaise with other organisations for outreach work – Add details of any new or revisited ones to tour doc for future reference please!
- Perform in the show (as decided with your team)
- Teach (as decided with your team)
- Keep a record for PWB of PO’s kit BEFORE the project and what you donate to them at project end.
- Help out video/newsletter peoples as necessary
- Organise projects, communicate with PO, organise outreach
- Send a (minimum) of a monthly update to Tour Manager and Tour Leader
- Look after your team and organize feedback/evaluation sessions
- Look after PWB credit card and draw money out as requested by finance officer.
- Create daily/weekly food/travel budgets, use previous years to guide you on this –
- Keep records of transactions over £10 or equivalent
- Assist Tour Manager (TM) in debriefing and evaluation process and compiling this into a report for management and trustees.
- Assist TM in post tour media gathering for social media drip-feed updates throughout the year – eg. collecting best photographs from the tour and encouraging volunteers to do retrospective blogs and videos after tour.
Reports to Tour Manager and Tour Leader at least once a week.
Apply by showing an informal interest by using the contact email on the website.